Protaper 024003 EVO Oversized Handlebar 1-1/8" Carmichael Bend Black
The EVO Handlebar is ProTaper’s top-of-the-line model without a crossbar. Oversized diameter handlebars, without crossbars, were invented and patented by ProTaper in 1991. This design allows the handlebar to flex more and absorb impacts better than conventional bars, offering the rider more comfort and less fatigue without sacrificing bar strength. The EVO Handlebar utilizes a computer-profiled 4mm wall design and is up to 25% lighter than other bars, yet up to 45% stronger
- 1-1/8" tubing at the clamping area
- Made from proprietary 5mm 2000 series T6 aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strength.
- High-tech, stress-relieved, shot-peened and anodized finish for unmatched durability.
- Clutch-side knurling provides maximum grip adhesion.
- Independent lab tests show that the EVO Handlebar leads the market in fatigue life.
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch- and peel-resistant.
- Plastic end plugs keep the elements out and provide a stronger base for grip ends.
- Weighs only 1.4 lbs. (640 grams) without pad.